Dr. Hendricks performs Aging Skin procedures for patients from Lumberton, NC , Fayetteville and Pinehurst.
Look your best at any age...
It's only natural that as we age, fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin start to appear. Whether aging skin is caused by your genetic make-up or factors such as environment, sun damage or lifestyle, there are many options available that provide younger, fresher looking skin for all ages. Aging skin treatments are performed by our doctor for patients in our region to help you look your best at any age.
Skin changes through the ages:
Ages 20 - 30: Although the skin is still smooth and supple, expression lines begin to appear on the forehead and around the eyes. Acne can develop even though absent in teenage years, and some scarring may occur from acne flare-ups.
Ages 30 - 40: "Crow's feet" appear around the eyes, and forehead lines deepen. Frown lines (lines between the eyebrows), naso-labial folds (lines that run from the nose to the mouth), and lines at the corners of the mouth begin to appear. Brown spots, sun spots and other signs of sun damage begin to appear.
Ages 40 - 50: "Smokers" lines appear above the vermilion border (along the top of the lip) and "commas" at the corners of the mouth deepen and lengthen to the chin. The vermilion border itself loses definition. Expression lines deepen around the mouth, forehead, and brows. The neck and "jowls" begin to sag.
Ages 50 - 60: During these years you'll begin to notice several changes, including the redistribution of facial fat and softening definition of the cheeks. Sun spots and brown spots worsen and increase. "Frown" lines and expression lines continue to deepen and the neck becomes pouchy and lined.
Which aging skin treatments do I need?
A variety of aging skin treatments are performed by Dr. Andrew Hendricks for patients in North Carolina, South Carolina, and surrounding states. To determine the appropriate treatment,
Dr. Hendricks will first discuss your desired level of correction and then recommend the appropriate treatment.
Fine to moderate wrinkles, broken blood vessels, age spots, acne scars and mildly sagging skin respond well to many non-invasive procedures. For changes related to gravity and redistribution of facial fat, surgical procedures may be needed in addition to your ongoing non-invasive skin care treatments.
Wrinkle prevention treatments for aging skin
Botox and Dysport are among the most recognized wrinkle fighters. They actually prevents wrinkles from appearing by relaxing the underlying muscles so they don't contract. Botox and Dysport block impulses from the nerve to the tiny facial muscles that are related to expression lines. After treatment, the overlying skin remains smooth and unwrinkled while the untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion, allowing your normal facial expression to be unaffected.
Treatments for wrinkles, texture, and tightening in aging skin
- Microdermabrasion removes only the outermost layer of dead skin to reveal softer, smoother and fresher looking skin. There is no or minimal recovery time.
- Wrinkle Injections using soft tissue fillers (Juvederm, Resytlane, Perlane, Radiesse, Scluptra) can improve the appearance of facial wrinkles by injections under the skin that elevate wrinkles and give you a more youthful appearance. There is no or minimal recovery time.
- Tissue Tightening uses safe, radiofrequency light to contract and tighten the collagen in the skin's dermis. Loose and sagging skin can be tightened, fine lines and wrinkles can be softened. There is no or minimal recovery time.
- Photo Rejuvenation is a system that uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat age spots and broken capillaries, and to improve the appearance of fine lines. There is no or minimal recovery time. There is no or minimal recovery time.
- Light Chemical Peels gently exfoliate, smooth and soften the skin while they gently remove the outer skin cell layer. Light chemical peels can renew your skin's texture and improve its clarity. There is mild redness and peeling for a few days after the procedure. Most patients can immediately return to work or social activities.
- Obagi Blue Peel Dr. Andrew Hendricks was personally trained by Dr. Zein Obagi in Beverly Hills, the inventor of the blue peel. The Blue Peel can be customized according to your skin condition to remove superficial wrinkles, brown spots, and age-related skin changes.
- Fractional Lasers (Fraxel Re:Pair and Mixto) remove sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, and brown spots from your skin. Recovery time is 5 days or more.
- Laser Therapy Dr. Hendricks uses a variety of lasers to remove blood vessels, brown spots, and age spots to give the skin a more natural, uniform appearance. Recovery time is minimal.
What is recovery like for my aging skin treatments?
After Dr. Andrew Hendricks or his trained staff perform your skin treatment, you may experience some redness and/or swelling at the treatment site. This can be covered with make-up and you can resume normal activities immediately. However, in the case of Obagi Blue Peel and Fractional Laser Treatment, there is a 5 day or more healing time before makeup should be applied.
Maintaining your results after your aging skin treatments
For optimum results, it's important to follow up your skin care rejuvenation treatments with the appropriate home skin care regimen. Your regimen may include the best prescriptive and nonprescriptive products to help you reach your goal. Our staff is trained to help you select the correct skin care products based on your skin type, your desired level of improvement, your tolerance to ingredients and your lifestyle.